Between trying to balance work, family, friends and everything else, stress has become common in our society. Letting stress alter your lifestyle can cause depression and fatigue.
A recent Psychological Association survey of 1,850 people found that a disturbing 70% of respondents reported having physical and psychological symptoms of stress. The survey had some good news …….. 60% of those polled said they would be motivated to change, including learning to manage stress more effectively, in order to feel better.
Krys engages with her clients to clarify what the stress triggers are. Potential triggers could include painful circumstances like illness or loss, difficulties in relationships, work issues, conflict with loved ones, to name only a few.
Circumstances do not create stress – rather the stress results from how we respond to them.
Stress comes from wishing something were different and the worry that you cannot change it. This leads to feeling stuck.
Anxiety is an uncomfortable feeling of fear or imminent disaster.
Everybody feels some anxiety throughout their life. It becomes a problem if you feel so anxious that it interferes with your normal day-to-day activities.
Some symptoms include:
- bad mood
- worried that something bad is going to happen
- getting overly upset with mistakes
- being a perfectionist
- being argumentative
- dry mouth/difficulty swallowing
- difficulty in concentrating
- muscle tension and headaches
- panic attacks
- rapid heart rate and breathing
If this happens it is extremely important to seek help to reduce and manage your anxiety.
Krys uses a number of effective methods for dealing with stress & anxiety. The emphasis in treatment is how to get unstuck.
These are but a few:
- Being Acknowledged and Telling your Story
- Recognizing & replacing Negative Self Talk
- Awareness of Factors that Raise & Lower stress
- Decatastrophising & Prioritizing
- Rational versus Irrational Thinking
- Building Resiliency
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Emotional Release Technique & Relaxation exercises
Find your way amongst life's challenges.
Contact me on;
icon-mobile-phone 0419 033 991
icon-phone 08 8269 6853
Or fill out the form by clicking the button below.